Those who live with chronic pain know that no two days are the same. Some days may be better than others, but most are riddled with moments of intense pain and discomfort. Over time, pain can seem to control everything in your life – dictating where you will go, what you will do, and who you will see.
Acute pain can be the result of an accident or injury, or a condition that presents itself without warning or reason. It can go away in cases where you throw out your back or wake up with a stiff neck; after some rest, applied heat, and/or over-the-counter pain relievers, the pain usually goes away. On the other hand, if the pain continues for weeks, you may want to consider seeing a pain management specialist.
Pain can affect everything from your relationships to your self-image. But you don’t have to endure the pain – there are ways to improve your quality of life through pain management.
What Pain Management Doctors Do
Doctors who specialize in pain management work to minimize or eliminate your pain. This not only improves your quality of life, but also keeps your pain symptoms at bay with the objective that your condition will either get better or at least not get any worse.
Depending on your condition and symptoms, your pain management doctor may use different treatments to address the problem. These treatments include:
- Prescription pain medications
- Nerve blocks and cortisone injections
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) pumps
- Bioelectric therapies
Benefits of Pain Management
A pain management professional can help you ease your pain and can help to improve your:
- Put simply, the nerve cells that control pain signals to the brain often share the same space as those which control mood and impact depression. This is partly why pain can result in depression. Being pain-free, by contrast, can help make you feel happier.
- When you’re in pain, quality sleep is hard to come by. A pain management doctor can help you get the restful sleep you need, thereby improving your mood and your health.
- Your pain may be preventing you from enjoying the activities and people you love, whether it’s dancing, playing tennis or golf, or sitting for long hours chatting with friends. When it comes to quality of life, your pain often gets the winning vote. Pain management can remedy this, so you can get back to spending quality time with those you love.
- Any professional who must perform either repetitive motion (a painter), heavy lifting (a mover), long hours standing (a hairdresser), or long hours sitting at a computer (nearly everyone else) can suffer from the effects of pain. A pain management specialist can improve your day at the office, or wherever you work, by addressing the root cause of your pain and developing a treatment plan.
Pain Doctor in Boca Raton
Don’t let pain control your life. Here at Kamerlink Pain Institute, we understand how pain can fill up your entire life until it seems like there is nothing else. That’s why we focus on interventional pain management to help keep your pain at bay.
Harvard-trained, board-certified pain management physician Dr. Jonathan Kamerlink offers the pain-relieving treatments you need to help you live the life you deserve. Find out how Dr. Kamerlink can improve your quality of life – contact us today by calling our team at (561) 404-7667. We look forward to seeing you here and helping you achieve relief from your pain once and for all.